Monday, June 7, 2010

Heart Ache


My heart is aching an ache that is almost unbearable.
I heard the news on Wednesday of last week...
The passing of an old friend.

















Kelly and I never were the closest of friends...
We were in youth group together when we were kids.

I remember her contagious smile and her beautiful eyes.
She was always so caring and thoughtful of others.

Time passed, and we became friends on facebook.
We chatted from time to time, but unfortunately never really reconnected.

She had been dealing with some medical issues,
And ended up having a sudden heart attack.
Shocking... completely shocking!

That in itself is horrible,
Although she is now dancing before Jesus...
Which is so AWESOME for her!

What makes my heart break
Are the grief-stricken loved ones that she has left behind.

Not only her mother and father,
And large family of siblings...

But her wonderful husband...



















And 4 beautiful children...

















I don't know them. Never have met them,
But I love the way she spoke about them...
She loved them dearly,
And now they have a special place in my heart...

Although it will be like a 'blink of an eye',
Her family and friends will continue on in this life...
Without her.

Her husband will miss the love of his life...
Her children will miss their mother...

















Please pray for the Father's loving arms to embrace them...
And wrap them with His love,
And give them peace that surpasses understanding.

Today was her memorial service...
And they were forced to say their last goodbyes...

















Until they meet again...

















(Photos from Kelly's facebook albums.)

1 comment:

  1. I also blogged about her. This is so special. So glad you did it. Never got to know you well, I used to be really close to the Wakefields. It seems like ages. God bless you and your beautiful family.
    Missy Kolander

    ReplyDelete