Friday, June 11, 2010

Pretty nails...


We went to Target today.

Ashlyn found some press on nails...
She asked if she could buy them.

I looked at the box...
It said "mom approved!"
What does that mean exactly?
How can they say I approve of my daughter wearing nails?

I ended up caving in.
I told her she could get them...
Except that she had to use her own money.

She could hardly wait til we got home.
First thing in the door she was removing her old fingernail polish.
Then sitting (almost patiently) at the kitchen table awaiting my help.

As I pressed each one on she would tap it on the table.
She was flaunting them... with much exaggeration...

















Then she said, "I feel so grown up now!"

















They are beautiful... with stars...

























She just went outside to play...
Even though it's 95 degrees...
(because she's a tomboy, remember?)

























I wonder how many nails she will be flaunting when she returns?

1 comment:

  1. How many nails did she come back with?? Was it the kind with the little adhesive?

    ReplyDelete