Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mini Apples


I needed a snack idea to take to Ashlyn's Girl Scouts meeting.
I didn't want the ever famous brownies or cookies.
I wanted something that was semi-healthy.
So I found this recipe for mini apples...


1. I washed Granny Smith apples.
(I used 7 apples to make 60 mini apples)


























2. I unwrapped the carmel candies.


















3. I wanted to add some color so I used some sprinkles I had on hand.

4. I used these plastic sticks I found at the grocery store for the handles.
(The recipe called for lollipop sticks.)

























5. I used a melon baller, until it broke and I had to use my cookie scoop.
I got 10 to 12 mini apples per apple, depending on the size.


















6. I stuck the plastic sticks into the skin side of the mini apples.


















7. I melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and carmel candies for dipping.

















































8. I dipped the bottom into the sprinkles to add some fun color.


























9. Then I placed then into small muffin papers.

























They were YUMMY!

I learned the hard way that they should be served right away.
I put them in a container and set them on the counter.
When it was time to leave for Girl Scouts the carmel had melted into liquid.

I took the chocolate ones and they were a hit!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, Your mini apples are the cutest things! I bet the teacher, other moms and the kids loved them. Great job! And this blog is so beautiful...EXCELLENT job! :)

    ReplyDelete